We began our practice in 2012 and have helped hundreds of patients with a wide variety of conditions.
Virtual consultations remain first choice and face-to-face appointments will only be allowed on “need to see basis”.
Jolene Booyens – Owner & Head Biokineticist
I Started my own practice in 2012, after finishing my internship under Dinda de Klerk at the BMW SA plant in Rosslynn, thereafter working at Nicola Macleod Biokineticists. I enjoy my work immensely and am passionate about helping people recover to full functionality. I enjoy the outdoors and like working with sports people, myself having achieved Protea colours for Karate and National Colours for Modern Dancing and Hip-hop. My Philosophy is “Exercise is Medicine”, and I believe every person has a story – every person is a gift and I interact with them in the same manner.
What we do: We use exercise and physical activity as a form of treatment or management for people with a wide variety of health conditions.
We have an interest in neurological, spinal, orthopaedic, paediatric, geriatric and sports conditions/injuries, as well as pre- and post-natal care.
The practice provides more than just traditional exercise-based therapy.
- We believe in a holistic approach to treatment. We work with doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dieticians and speech therapists to offer the best results.
- We offer both clinical and individualised sessions, as well as group sessions.
- We also focus on the prevention of disease and injuries or pain; and pre-habilitation before surgery to speed up post-surgery recovery.
- Discovery Vitality & Multiply Fitness assessments
Special Equipment used:
- “Alter-G Anti-Gravity treadmill” “Advanced Differential Air Pressure Technology (ADAPT)” alter-g.com “I believe the AlterG will become the standard in rehabilitation and training.” Dr. Amol Saxena (Podiatric Surgeon, Palo Alto, Medical Foundation)
- “Humac Norm Testing and rehabilitation system” Or Cybex as it is better known for. Isokinetic movement is testing and strengthening maximum dynamic movement within the specified range, Isometric soothes the joints to perform routine security exercise at a secure position. These four styles of resistance; including isotonic and isometric resistance at specific angles within ranges of pain otherwise not possible, thus more options for rehabilitation. This is a perfect tool that can assess, compare, and analyse. Fully meets the needs of professionals in the area of rehabilitation. Extra information attached.
- “CLINICAL SURFACE EMG” (Electromyography) Device to aid in specific muscle testing and training (with STIMS). The EMS training device is a medically approved device that tests what the muscle is doing and contracts specific muscles via an electrical current passed through your muscles.
Medical aid claims and Cash packages available
Hours: Monday-Fridays 07:30-17:00. We have a locum who helps out a few afternoons per week
Please visit our website for more information: www.bbios.co.za